- Junior Computer Science: A great site with many exciting activity ideas and planning resources for teaching Computer Science.
- Algorithms KS1 & KS2: Unplugged activity ideas for teaching children about algorithms.
- Touch Develop – Scheme Of Work: Python to Touch Develop great resources for teaching programming concepts.
- django-marcador - a free Django tutorial
- Scratch Learning Resources: Brilliant Primary and Post Primary lesson plans using Scratch developed by Irish Software Engineering Research Centre.
iCode by iTeach
- iCode: iCode is an initiative created by iTeach to provide schools with a structured programme to run a coding and programming club as an after school, extra curricular activity or as a structured programme within the school day. A range of fantastic lesson plans, curriculum maps and resources are available to help teachers and school leaders embed coding, computing and computer science across the school.
Alice is a free 3D java based drag and drop programming environment. The resources below provide tutorials for creating animations and making games using Alice:
- Adventures in Alice Programming, Duke University, Durham, NC
- Oracle Academy: Getting Started with Java Using Alice 3/
- Getting Started With Java Using Alice
MIT App Inventor is a blocks-based programming tool that allows everyone, even novices, to start programming and build fully functional apps for Android devices. These resources provide example projects to start building apps with your students.
- App Inventor Tutorials and Book Chapters
- App Inventor Tutorials and Advanced Examples
- Tutorials - App Inventor for Android
- App Inventor Tutorials by Imagnity
- App Inventor Book, Classic version (PDF)
- App Inventor Lessons: Racing Game
- tAIR - The App Inventor Repository: Creating your First Game
- Explore MIT App Inventor: Space Invaders
Hopscotch is a drag and drop coding app available on iPads. This resource provides activity ideas to start coding using Hopscotch linked to the curriculum and computer science concepts.
Academy of Code
- Learn HTML online
- Learn CSS online
- Learn PHP online
- Learn MySQL online
- Academy of Code, will help you to: familiarize with code editing -- edit the code of simple games -- watch the result and share it with your family and friends.